Welcome friends.

Life can be funny sometimes. Nothing better than a good laugh, a happy smile, and a great attitude.















Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Spitting Girl

The Spitting Girl

It was Grandpa Day this last Thursday and I picked up TJ (Truly Jade) from kindergarten in Boulder Creek, CA. As we do every Thursday I drove to the Raindow Inn Coffee House where
TJ gets a cup of ice cream and me, coffee and a maple bar.

We talk about school and what happened the previous six days and then either go to a park or to the local library where she can play until it’s time to pick up her sisters in Felton, six miles away. 
And, sometimes, I pick up corn dogs and Fritos to take back to TJ’s house for lunch. For some reason TJ always eats the coating before eating the hot dog. This Thursday was one of those days.

As we were finishing our little meal TJ suggested that we go out on the landing and spit water. This is something I taught her to do just to keep her entertained. You fill your mouth with water and puff your
cheeks out. Then you slap both cheeks simultaneosly spewing water out into the front yard. 

This day I picked out some easy targets for her as I think this will help with her learning to concentrate. Which, of course, she does when watching movies on her IPAD. But not so much with school work.

We filled two small cups with water and headed outside. A chair is conveniently set at the top of the landing that TJ steps up on. I stay close by to make sure that she doesn’t lean over too far.

And we spit water until the cups are dry.  TJ hits two of the targets I pointed out to her and is proud of herself.

I pulled a handkerchief from my back pocket and wiped my chin.

TJ turns to me, water dripping from her chin, and says, “Wipe.”

For some reason she thinks she’s the boss during our day together. I’ll let her think that for a while.  












Terrence Plank

February 19, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment