Welcome friends.

Life can be funny sometimes. Nothing better than a good laugh, a happy smile, and a great attitude.















Monday, April 27, 2015

Is There Life After Death?


Yesterday I lost a good friend. John Sheppard from Chicago, Chicago John
he was called, was also a paratrooper and served with the 82nd Airborne as did I.

John was an accomplished pianist and even though he preferred rock and roll music he could also sing opera. 

John was funny. Told wonderful stories and will be dearly missed by his 
family and friends.

Back to the question Is There Life After Death?

For those who believe it is a wonderful hope that one can hold onto through thick and thin. When the believers pass on they will either experience heaven or they won’t. And if there is no heaven, no God, they won’t experience what would surely be devastating dissappointment, would they?

In case there is no life after death then each day that we are on this earth
is the most important day of our lives. We need to live as if today may be our last day. Tomorrow is never guaranteed for anyone. 

We take so much for granted, don’t we. I expect to wake up tomorrow as I’m sure you do. And this reminds me of a child’s prayer.  


Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray to God my soul to take.
If I should live for other days,
I pray the Lord to guide my ways.

Father, unto thee I pray,
Thou hast guarded me all day;
Safe I am while in thy sight,
Safely let me sleep tonight.
Bless my friends, the whole world bless;
Help me to learn helpfulness;
Keep me every in thy sight;
So to all I say good night.


I particularly like the line “Help me learn helpfulness.” Let us bless and
benefit the lives of others and particularly the children. So that they may
learn that others are important too.

I will miss my friend. For his sake I hope that there is a heaven for Chicago John. Sing with the Angels, John. Sing with the Angels.

Terrence Plank

April 25, 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment